Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Shot of Jack and a Bottle of Bud




Spring break came and went far to quickly for my liking. I would love to be able to gossip about my break but I have no time for that...there are bands to be discussed!

Ok, I lied lets talk a little about my break first! On Wednesday March 26th I went to a venue called The Red Devil Lounge where I saw Better Than Aliens and Raised By Robots play. There was also some other guy who opened before them but I can’t remember what he called himself, and if I can’t remember something as simple as a name then that doesn’t say much about the music, ouch...burn. I had a great time at the show taking full advantage of the bar’s special which was a shot of Jack and a bottle of Bud for 7 bucks, not bad. A few specials later I made myself up to the front of the stage where I did that annoying thing drunk girls do...the “whooooooooooo, yayyyyyyyyyyyyy” repetitive shouting at the band on stage like they were pieces of meat. I found myself to be quite entertaining and I think others around be appreciated my enthusiasm. A representative from the website Pacific Noise also attended the show which was a special treat. Pacific Noise is a video-blog site that records bands playing a few songs and promotes them on the internet. However a year ago the guy who runs the site broke his leg and has been unable to record live shows so instead has been recording the bands at Lennon Studios. For his first show back on his own two legs he decided to feature Better Than Aliens...and get this you can hear me and my drunken shouts...I’m famous!
Watch Better Than Aliens on Pacific Noise



Continuing on my break I had big plans to attend The Phenomenauts show which also featured The A.KA.S and Maldroid at Slims on Saturday March 29th but my Boyfriend got an allergy attack from our cat and fell asleep at 6pm so we missed the show. So lame I know, but it is ok because Maldroid will be playing another show this coming Friday April 4th and not only is it their CD Release Party but it is also a free show!



Lastly I have decided that just because school is back in session that does not mean I have to cut back on my partying, it just means I have to make time for homework and who says you can’t have a few drinks while you do your homework? Well, If you are like me and want to go out and do something during the week then I suggest you come to The Edinburgh Castle tomorrow April 3rd to see Mosshead . Plus I will be there so it will be extra fun!

4 comments:

Grant said...

Pretty good blog. At least you've decided to talk about a few things in one. My only advice to you in response to your blog is to balance time between schoolwork and fun activities as long as you're focused on finishong up school.

Mike O said...

I hope my blond comment didn't piss you off after you STOLE my seat the other day. I bet you would have said something really funny and snarky back to me if you weren't so polite in class, and I"m sure you'd let me have it after a couple of Red Devil specials.
Your reference to gossip made me wish there was more of it on your blog because that's the kind of person that I am. I'm using pseudonyms for mine.

So anyway I was at Office Depot mailing a package the other day and found out the counter girl does band photography so I told her about your blog.
I said I'd send her a link to it but maybe I should ask you first? You guys might even know each other! Caz's site

Tony Fantano said...

Your blog is informative and not too flashy which I appreciate. It is simple and gives the reader a window into your nightlife. If your life is interesting than your blog will reflect that. Keep the content fresh and the blog will never go stale.

From Tony

Claudia said...

Amanda
I really enjoyed your writing. Your personality comes out in your writing. You are very creative and never turn down good music.

I know you miss The Phenomenauts show on March 29th, so I decided to link you to a video of the show that night.

I think you're doing a great job presenting readers of bands. And once again, the writing is great.