Thursday, February 21, 2008

Low Sea Roar






Unsigned local band, Low Sea Roar falls under the shoegaze category of music.
Adam Hain. Andrea Caturegli, Brandon Thomas, and Jake Hosek come together to create a refreshing sound. This is the type of music I picture myself blasting in my car on a sunny day with my sunroof open and windows down. I first heard about this band from Adam himself who does bass, Hammond, synths, and vox. Like myself Adam is also a broadcasting student at San Francisco State studying focusing in audio production, and it shows. The quality of the Low Sea Roar’s music has earned them a spot at South By South West this March in Austin, Texas. SXSW is a huge festival that hosts hundreds of bands from around the world, playing on one of their 50 stages. If you are like me and are not able to go all the way to Texas to catch this band play they will be having an April 3rd show here in San Francisco at Annie’s Social Club.
Their Myspace profile features three of the songs off of their self-titled ep.









Upcoming Shows

Mar 12 2008 6:30P
Pete’s Bar (SXSW) Austin, Texas
Mar 13 2008 2:00P
The Parlor (SXSW) Austin, Texas
Mar 15 2008 9:30P
Pete’s Bar (SXSW) Austin, Texas
Apr 3 2008 9:00P
Annie’s Social Club San Francisco, California

1 comment:

B. Ward said...

Thanks for the information. I'm kind of new to the area and I wasn't even aware that there was so many indie bands in the bay area.Technicallly I'm more of a hip hop head than rock and roll boy but It is cool to find out about different things thats goin on around my area. I was curious to see what other bands were oout there and I came across this link.